Privacy Statement LMEC
Last updated: 14th June 2022
User data is safely stored in Europe. The LMEC core infrastructure is hosted in Utrecht, The Netherlands. User data is stored in our core infrastructure. We do not transfer user data outside of the EU.
1. Collection and processing of personal data
The term “personal data” refers to such information which, directly or indirectly, may refer to individuals. Examples of such data are name, image, personal ID number, contact details, competition entries, selections made, behavior or IP address. Personal data processing refers to any action that we or a third party that we have engaged take with the personal data, such as collection, registration, and storage.
Personal data may only be processed for specified and explicitly stated purposes and may not be subsequently processed for any purpose that goes beyond these purposes. At LMEC, we process personal data for the purpose of providing the Features. Personal data may also be used for marketing and follow up as well as for our sales and product development with the aim of improving our products and services.
Finally, personal data is also processed for statistical purposes to see how users use the Site and our Features as well as to display content.
LMEC safeguards personal data with a high level of security and has to this end taken appropriate technical and security measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access, amendment, dissemination, or destruction.
2. Respect of Privacy
Here’s what we do to protect data privacy:
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information if necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up to date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
3. GDPR Policy
LMEC strictly implements the GDPR regulation, that aims at protecting user data and providing a right to modify and delete such data, as well as to consent to data collection.
4. Restrictions on the disclosure of personal data
We may appoint external partners to perform tasks on our behalf, such as providing IT services or helping with marketing, administration of press releases, data analysis or statistics. The performance of these services may mean that our partners may be able to gain access to personal data. Companies that process personal data on our behalf must always sign an agreement with us so that we are able to ensure a high level of protection of personal data, even with our partners.
LMEC may also disclose personal data to third parties, for example public authorities, if it concerns criminal investigations or if we are otherwise required to disclose such data by law or public authority decision. LMEC will not disclose personal data to any extent other than described in this section.
The Site may sometimes contain links to external websites or services that we do not control. Any person following a link to an external website, is encouraged to review the principles for processing of personal data and information about cookies that apply to the website in question.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.